Catholic priest and Don Bosco Ex-Students to Walk for a SCHOOL HALL

Father Mosese, Principal of the Don Bosco Vocational Centre to walk 110miles around Savai’i Island to raise funds to build a school hall

SALELOLOGA, SAVAI’I: TUESDAY 17 NOVEMBER 2015: A Catholic priest is walking the 110miles around the island of Savai’i to raise funds to build a school hall for the Don Bosco High and Vocational centre at Salelologa Township on Savai’i Island.

The Principal of the College, Father Mosese and several supporters walked around the Savaii Island in August 2013 and raised $180,000 talā in the very successful “Walk for a Bus”.

The money was used (with the assistance of some overseas supporters) to purchase a brand new bus (at the total cost of $220,000 talā) which is now being used to transport students to from the College. .

This year, and out of necessity, Fr Mosese is working on a new project – the School Hall for Don Bosco Salelologa. The college at present uses its small Fale Samoa to host guests, practice dance items and other events which is inadequate its needs. The students sometimes have to sit outside exposed to the elements – sun and rain which is a problem. Thus a large hall is needed.

The School Samoa fale being used as a hall for the 200 students

The School Samoa fale being used as a hall for the 200 students

With the welfare of the students in mind, Fr Mosese approached Bosco Australia, Don Bosco Germany and Don Bosco Rome for assistance in funding the Hall. The answer was favourable and they (Bosco Australia, Don Bosco Germany and Don Bosco Rome) have contributed to 78% of the total cost of the project. Thus the remaining 22% has been left to Don Bosco Salelologa to raise the balance to complete the Project. Hence the campaign “Walk for a Hall” has been initiated.

“Walk for Hall” – Fr Mosese together with the graduates of Don Bosco College 2014 and 2015 will walk the 110miles around the island of Savai’i to fundraise for this very important project. The one week fundraising event will take place from Monday 7 until Saturday the 12 December 2015 starting with a Service to bless the event.

For more information please contact Fr Mosese on 7688223/7288223, Fr Visesio on 7204407 and School Office 51186.

Share