APIA, SAMOA – 29 JUNE 2020: Inter-Samoa ferry services will resume this Thursday as the borders with American Samoa slowly open up since the borders lock-down in March due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Samoa Shipping Corporation that operates the weekly passenger and cargo service said this weeks’ service is for cargo only.
“We wish to advise the traveling Public between Apia and Pago Pago that: Trips to Pago Pago have now been confirmed to resume sailings between the two islands for cargoes only commencing next Thursday 02nd July 2020.”
The two Samoas are slowly opening up air and sea inter-island travel despite both countries not having a case of the Covid-19 virus.
The Travel Advisory for travelers from American Samoa require:
- All Travelers must have been residing in Am. Samoa for 14 consecutive days or more without history of travel outside of Am. Samoa
- All are required to complete the Health Declaration Card in flight or on arrival
- All are required to undergo medical examination by a Registered Medical Practitioner within (3) days before ARRIVAL.
- A COVID19 Test is essential but NOT required for boarding.
- All are required to present medical report for check-in and on arrival to health officers at port.
- Any Passengers with Flu Like Illness or Fever of 38 deg. Celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit) will be denied boarding.
- Failure to provide a valid medical report will be denied ok boarding or entry denied and returns to last port where you boarded the flight.
- Returning passengers from American Samoa that met ALL conditions are NOT required to undergo the 14 days mandatory quarantine.